Saturday, August 12, 2017

While I'm At It Here's Another Useful True Thing That Nevertheless Drives Me Nuts

I kid you not.  It doesn't make sense.  It, c'mon, shouldn't make any difference but it does.

For me, twice now so it isn't a rule yet but, the difference was so notable I can't afford to ignore it next time.

When I got to a certain point in writing the story, when I have rigorously zoned in on the challenge and outcome and gotten rid of some of the extraneous but lovable stuff, when I have passed the initial free flowing writing and am in the first stage of polishing, it has made a real creative and productive difference for me to switch from keyboard to ballpoint.

Probably someone somewhere can identify the neurological reasons for this and, as a matter of fact, I have read how-to articles where the author states a preference for either keyboard or handwriting, but have not encountered the possibility of switching from one to the other as a potential solution to overcome certain kinds of barriers.

What kinds I'm not sure yet.  The only indicative symptom I can describe is a chronic desire to scream.

Let me know your thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home