Thursday, May 18, 2017

Still Waiting

Well, I guess holding my breath, crossing my fingers, and not writing a blog entry does not make anything arrive faster.

I have not yet heard whether my newspaper article -- the writing of which was torture plus I missed my deadline, not by much and not fatal, but still -- has been accepted.  It seems to me there are a reasonable range of possibilities (in addition to the "You're a genius" option):   Accepted pretty much as received; Accepted but essentially re-written; or, trashed.

I even have my next potential blog headings selected: O frabjous day! or I am of all men most miserable. Stay tuned.

I have, though, finally completed my short story.  That felt good.  I needed to abandon it during the writing of the article but it is now clear to me it is the kind of challenge, even though the process was difficult, that I happily take on.  Well, maybe not happily but, let's say, very willingly.  With the heart to try something hard like that again.  After a week or so to re-capture my breath and to re-establish relationships with the rest of the universe around me.  Good Night Moon.

So, the point that I am beating to death here, not including my whining, is I have found it useful to try a number of things to find out if they are 'my' kind of thing.

Maybe that's just me.  Think about what you think about writing challenges.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home