Friday, May 7, 2021

Moving On

Well, it's time I think to figure out a useful way to wrap up this blog. My hopes, were and are, to produce something ("musings" DH calls them) uniquely useful to those beginning to write or renewing their writing life.

There are many sites around where skills can be learned, priorities considered, trends commented on and so forth. What I found missing in my own efforts was "What's it like to be doing this writing thing? Am I delusional? Have others thought this or that, right or wrong?" (Or, in the words of Waylon Jennings about Hank Williams' career, "Are you sure Hank done it this way?")

After 5 or 6 yers of plugging away with a smidgeon or two of improvement and finding myself in at least the right neighbourhood of my own voice, my ability to help others because I too am a just-being-born writer is now past.

I'm not sure what my next stage is, but I'm guessing it will be just as painful, joyful and interesting.

For my upcoming final one or two blog posts, I'll put together a few sentences of what I may have learned, for myself at least, along the way.

Cheers. Bob.

1 Comments:

At May 8, 2021 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Don Herald said...

Next steps? Perhaps a new blog with the title: 'from where i sit on the beside the fast lane.'

Or how about: 'just wait, please, i'll be along in a minute.'

Or maybe: 'been there, doing that, collecting the t'shirts to prove it.'

Here's one more: 'Ready. Fire. Aim.'

Sorry to see the passing of 'Bob's Write From The Start.' As an ardent follower, i often thought it should really be - 'Bob's Write From The Heart.'

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home